Monday, September 10, 2012

Borrow

This weekend I picked up a Nook at the library.  You can borrow one and keep it for up to three weeks like ye olde books of olde tyme.  I reserved it a few weeks ago to test it out.  The one I have is "fiction" themed and has 44 books loaded on to it!



The device is so small.  I don't think I like it.  It feels like I'm still on the computer instead of reading and relaxing.  Also, one standard book page takes three nook pages.  However, this is coming from a lady who likes it when the large print is available at the library in the book.

I do like that it's light.  Reading a heavy book in bed is such a drag.  I don't like buying books though so that's another reason I don't think this is for me - unless I could borrow e-books from the library.  Now that I think about it, that might be possible.  I've heard people with e-readers end up reading a lot more than if they didn't have one.  Is that true?  I want some hard facts.

In real book news I am on book two of the Hunger Games. It is really good.  Randomly, I started watching Battle Royale on Netflix last week and HG is pretty much a rip off of that book/film.  Oh well, still a fun mindless read.


No comments:

Post a Comment