Thursday, April 19, 2012

Ropes

I saw a really pretty rope necklace online a month ago and thought I'd saved it in my favourites but I didn't.  I hate it when that happens.  I did a quick browse yesterday and found some similar styles.





I know that second one is overkill but I like the layout in that you don't need to get a clasp for it.  I went with that kind of design to make my own.

Yes, that's a James Bond lighter.

The guy at REI was really nice and didn't make fun of me for wanting specific colours of climbing rope and strapping for my necklace craft project.  He even let me root through a bag of remnants and gave me a deal on anything I picked out of there.  I'm not ready to share my first attempt at the necklace because I took it out for a little spin with friends last night and it didn't go over too well.  At least I have truthful pals.  I'm going to try again and spend more time on it.  

Feel free to make jokes about nooses now.

1 comment:

  1. The top one looks like something we would hang off a cliff face.
    The other one looks similar, but having picked up a few fossils on the way down.
    If you're going for rope, make it precious metal. lol.

    ReplyDelete