Monday, July 9, 2012

First Monday

Today was surprisingly not too tough.  I didn't sleep well last night and feel kind of tired but not totally bogged down. My real training starts tomorrow at 8 am so I'll be going in early but will also get to leave early, at 4:15!  8:45 am is still my preferred start time.  It's totally manageable for me.

I was toying with the idea of getting an ipad.  My phone is super, super slow and the internet never loads.  Using it as a GPS generally results in a very quiet car ride when V and I get turned around (We managed to get lost in Vacaville a few weeks ago all because I wanted to eat a sandwich and Panera was the only place we knew nearby!  I know, I know.)

Since I can't use the internet at work I'm feeling a teenie, tiny bit disconnected.  I can't read my favourite blogs during a break or lunch hour.  Fb never loads on my phone so most of the time I don't even bother unless of course I am trying to avoid conversing with a creep.  I thought an ipad could fix that but to get one with 3G is kind of insane and essentially the cost of a new computer.


Virgin Mobile has the iphone now.  I've used their pay as you go/monthly plans for nearly 6 years.  Now you can get it with the newest iphone but you have to pay full price for the iphone.  I've been nerdy and read a bunch of reviews on the best and cheapest plan.  Since most (all?) other plans require a 2-year contract the cost breakdown is definitely cheaper over two years if you go with Virgin.  I might upgrade. 

1 comment:

  1. I love my iPhone, and with a laptop there's no real reason for a iPad unless you have extra money you don't need. Just my 2 cents. I usually don't have any problem with connectivity either.

    ReplyDelete