Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy belated flag wavin' day

Yankee doodle

This 4th of July is my least favourite in recent history because I was too nervy about starting my new job today that I couldn't really enjoy myself.  Even though I was anxious, I was a lot less anxious than I have been in recent new job scenarios.  Maybe because I sort of know what I'm doing in my old age?


I work in one of those team cubes with 4 other people with a desk in the cubicle.  I think I might actually like it.  Watching Workaholics on netflix streaming made me realise that a team situation could actually be fun because you get to chat more in between working, which I kind of like.  I am with a good group of people who are about my age and friendly.  There were 8 of us hired for similar jobs and apparently it's the first hiring of people in a year.  All of us seemed very happy to be there and have a job.  Two of the new people were right out of college and looked like teeny tiny babies.

The best part is that I work from 8:45am to 5pm.  So much better than working 8-5!  I am not a morning person and sleep in until the last possible minute and then scramble to get out the door.  Luckily I have man who makes me coffee every morning.  Today he also made me a fancy homemade sandwich to take for lunch.  Totes bragging.

3 comments: