Monday, July 23, 2012

Weekends

Weekends are so much more exciting now that I'm working and have some downtime or partytime to REALLY look forward too.  Also, working lets me buy new outfits for good times and spend $ to do the things I want to do.  Three cheers for working.

My Friday plans fell through and I didn't want to stay in so I sucked it up and went to see Too $hort solo.  He's looking ollllld.  There were WAY too many opening acts but some were good and I had a good time doing a lot of verrrrry interesting people watching and watching/listening to the show.  I listened so hard that I still can't hear out of my right ear.


J and I went on a day long lady adventure Saturday.  I decided to buy a membership to the SF MoMA because admission is 18$ per person and a year long membership is $90 and you get to bring one guest each time you go.  I only have to go 1.5 more times with a guest to break even plus I get to feel fancy for having an art museum membership.

The Cindy Sherman exhibit was great and surprisingly not too busy even though this was the second weekend it's been open.  We got in trouble almost instantly for taking photos.  I was standing back, setting up my phone to take J's photo and the security attendant said to J, "NO PHOTOS" and J said, "what?  I can't stand next to the art?"  Funny.


J carries a fan in her purse just in case she needs to pose next to artwork with a fan.

The MoMA acquired Edward Hopper's Intermission a few months ago and I got to see it for the first time during our visit.



No comments:

Post a Comment