Monday, July 9, 2012

Rivering


We went to the river Saturday to cool off from the insane heat this weekend.  It was at least 102 degrees, maybe hotter!  We turned off of Fair Oaks Blvd to do some exploring on the streets where the houses back on to the levee and found a quiet spot with nobody around.  The only time it was loud was when the hee-haws on their rafts floated by.  It is really scary to think that there are so many really drunk people floating down the river with all their rafts tied together.

: End of old marm whine about river safety.

V saw this praying mantis walking along our towels.  I'm glad he saw it before I did because I probably would have thought it was a spider and that never ends well.


There was a fast current that looped in a circle at this spot so we could jump in at the start of the current and get carried back around.  We also did some splashing around in our pool at home.  There are some really cute photos of V and Petey in the pool but I think he'd kill me if I put them on here.  Maybe I should put it to a vote.

We bbq'd late into the night.  I overcooked my hamburgers but the portabella mushrooms and corn were reeeeeally good.  I also grilled some pineapple with cayenne on it.  Delicious.



1 comment:

  1. Mmm, pineapple with cayenne- that sounds good!I'll have to try that.
    For some reason it made me remember the green apples with Tajin that a friend got me hooked on.

    ReplyDelete