Tuesday, May 15, 2012

8 years old

Petey turned 8 years old yesterday.  He's practically still a baby considering he's going to outlive us all.  Maybe he can help me take my pills when I'm 85, or remind me to turn the stove off, or call for help when I fall down the stairs.

Petey and I celebrated a bit before V came home from work with a birthday peanut and some loud dance music.  He had already opened his "real" gifts in the morning, including something called the Bamboozler!


After dinner V and I drove to San Francisco to see his pal's band.  It was in a space I'd never been to called the Lab.  It sounded really good in there and smelled about average to below average.


Neither of us wore earplugs and our hearing is fine this morning.  We got home around 2 am so the fatigue level is pretty high.  

Black Dice

Today I am heading over to the UC Davis Med Centre to complete a medical exam so I can be hired as a temporary worker with them.  It sounds like it will be vaccinations and an eye test.  I had my vaccinations for my immigration application so hopefully I won't have to go through that again.  

I met a fellow green card holder at the show last night who got hers a year ago and she said that even though she had an updated vaccination record the US wouldn't accept it because it wasn't in English.  She also told me that after two years she and her Mr. will have to go through the interview process again.  So many hoops!  

No comments:

Post a Comment