Monday, May 14, 2012

Pearls

I had a dental check up today with a new dentist and I don't have any cavities!  To celebrate, I got this:


Just kidding!  I ate some strawberries and yogurt instead.  I bought a Groupon for $40 which included an exam, x-rays and cleaning at Capitol Dental.  I was a little concerned at first because I had to wait for 30 minutes before being seen and the receptionist discussed another patient's procedure really loudly so everyone in the waiting room could hear.

What I did like was that the dentist said I had really great teeth in excellent shape, which was nice compared to my other dentist who, on my first visit there, asked me if I'd ever considered braces.  Yes, I did consider them, in grades 7 through 9.

There was just a little bit of staining on the tops of my teeth.  I said, "must be from all that red wine I drink" and the dentist said, "oh, what kind?" and I said, "red".  Then he asked, "what kind of red?".  And I said "whatever's on sale" and he said, "you mean whatever's in your glass?"  Sassy!

The hygienist did a really thorough job scraping and cleaning.  I was impressed.  At my old place they barely even scraped and I always felt like there was some plaque left over.  I would go back once I get dental coverage through my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment