Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Turquoise and Caicos

I picked out a new summer nail polish earlier this week.  I love it!  I have a telephone interview tomorrow so I don't have to worry about looking EXTREMELY professional and taking off the polish.  I've never really had a serious telephone interview before.  It seems like an odd way to assess someone when they're not right in front of you.


I had my lifeblood sucked out of me yesterday at UC Davis Med Center to test for some diseases including chicken pox (?) and I had to get another TB test because the one I had in February for my immigration exam wasn't sufficient enough.  UC Davis needs two tests administered in case the first one is a false negative.  I really dislike the thought of needles.  Once I'm actually getting the blood drawn I feel fine but the whole waiting thing makes me queasy.  

The Dr. made me turn my neck, twist to the side and lift my arms.  He asked me if I had scoliosis but then pressed on my spine and decided I didn't so that's good news.  I don't know if this was part of the medical exam but he said that Canada produced a lot of good comedians and asked me to remind him of their names.

Once my blood and TB tests are reviewed then I am ready to be placed somewhere within UC Davis for a temporary job.


3 comments:

  1. So who did you quote as Canadian comedians apart from Dan Aykroyd ? And your good self o'course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I said Jim Carrey and Mike Meyers. Then the Dr. asked me about the Red Green show and went into a monologue about some historical fiction book he was reading that had some sort of Canadian connection. Bizarre.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The same thing happened to me. I had all of my blood tests for antibody titres etc done in Oz right before I left but the UC Davis doctors didn't believe them so had to have them all done again! UGH!! Hope all works out for the temporary job!
    Renee
    PS. Cute nail polish!

    ReplyDelete